Bobcats “LEAP” into Success at River Hall Elementary!
L – Learn Everything I Can
E – Express Respect
A – Aim for Safety
P – Prepare for All
We are committed to establishing a warm and caring learning environment, using data and shared accountability to focus students, driving them towards behavioral and academic achievement that can be displayed both within the school and community environments.
Family First Breakfast & Dinner
Our PBS Family First Breakfast and Dinner is where parents and their children meet with other families in the school cafeteria. During this time, we discuss a wide range of family topics, spend time together, create fun memories, and are equipped with resources to strengthen relationships. Everyone is welcome! We hope to see you there!
Ways That Parents Can Help With Positive Behavior Support
- Remember to use 5 positives for every 1 negative
- Set the stage for your student’s success and reward his/her efforts
- Give clear and specific directions
- Maintain your composure and always use a calm voice
- Set reasonable limits for your child
- Be consistent (“No” means no and “yes” means yes)
- Set the example and model desired behaviors (Actions truly do speak louder than words)
- Proactively anticipate situations
- Have and demonstrate patience with you child
- Have fun and enjoy your role as a parent
"Have a short memory for mistakes, failures, and behavior slips. Every child deserves a fresh start each morning." - Robert Ramsey