- Box Tops: A group of Volunteers to collect, count, and report the amount of Box Tops. Also, update school chart during contest (two times a year).
- Flier Committees: A group of Volunteers who count and separate fliers to be distributed in to teacher's mail boxes, or classrooms. Also to pass out fliers during Parent Pick Up (PPU).
- Thank-You Notes: A group of Volunteers to send VERY IMPORTANT Thank-You Notes to our benefactors. Can be done from home.
- Holiday House: A group of Volunteers to donate their time throughout this event. The Holiday House is normally open for two weeks immediately prior to winter break. It is open from 8:30 am to 3:10 pm which allows the children to purchase small gifts for Friends, Family and Teachers. Throughout this event shifts can utilized. This event includes setting up the merchandise, assisting children with shopping, stocking, cashiering, and breakdown on the last day. Any time donated during this event is a Huge Help!
- Book Fairs: Responsible for assisting Mrs. McGinley in the Library with Stocking, cashiering, and assisting the students with shopping.
- DQ Night: Our monthly fundraiser. At our local Dairy Queen on Palm Beach Blvd, from 3:30-7:30 once a month. At this event we keep track of which students and teachers show up so that we can award the class with the most participation.
What is PTO?
*The mission of the Parent and Teacher Organization (PTO) is to support and assist River Hall Elementary school in achieving social and academic success in a caring environment. Our membership includes: Parents, Grandparents, Teachers, Staff, and Community Members.
*PTO is an EXCELLENT way to meet other families with like-minded goals for their child(ren)’s education, and an EXCELLENT way to collaborate with and give feedback/input to the teachers and faculty who will be educating your child(ren)!
*All are welcome, even kids! We hold one meeting a month…for an hour at the most!
*To continue supporting students and staff of River Hall Elementary
*Foster a community atmosphere
*Support the mission and vision of the school
*Promote communication and cooperation between parents and teachers
*Provide financial assistance where needs are identified
*To increase our PTO membership and activity
*Currently, 6:00pm Once a Month (Subject to Change by Membership Vote)
*Currently, in the Media Center (Subject to Change by Membership Vote)
Topics to be Discussed:
*Ideas for Future Events
*How to Improve Your Family’s Experience at River Hall
How to Join:
- There are no Membership Fees! Simply show up to the meetings with your ideas and opinions that will help steer your child’s education. There are multiple volunteer opportunities available. Volunteer your time, many events, many opportunities, and every little bit you do helps!
- Volunteering doesn’t have to mean a huge time commitment. An hour or two a semester really makes a big difference, and I can guarantee we have jobs to fit your hectic schedule. We even have tasks that don’t involve coming to the school at all!
How PTO Benefits our Children/School:
*Additional Instructional Materials for our Teachers, *Student awards, *School-wide funds
Recent and Upcoming PTO Activity:
- Fall Fest
- Positive Behavior Support (PBS) student incentive program **Model School Designation**
- Class- and Grade Level-specific contests, activities, and awards
- Coordination of the Box Tops 4 Education and Labels for Education Programs
- Our next DQ Night (see above for detail)…even DRIVE-THRU orders count!
WHY WE DO IT: Because we Love our Children!
Numerous Research Studies have Related Parent Involvement with Child Development, and the results are startling. When parents are actively involved in their children’s education (as in PTO), GRADES go up…TEST SCORES go up…children become MORE LIKELY TO PASS and ATTEND BETTER SCHOOLS after high school…and they have FEWER DISCIPLINE PROBLEMS. What other reasons could a parent want?
Thank you sincerely for your interest in improving your child’s education! We look forward to seeing you at our next meeting.
Thank you for all that you do!